Strawberries are one of our favorite fruits to eat year-round, especially in summer. They are diet friendly and offer many amazing health benefits. The first garden strawberry was grown in France in the 18th century. Every since then, people have used them in salads, baking, smoothies, or eating them alone. Did you know that the heaviest strawberry weighed 250 grams (8.8 oz) in Japan? Talk about a big bite!
Why we love strawberries:
- Super yummy
- 1 medium strawberry = 4 calories
- Low-calorie snack
- 1 cup of strawberries provides 163% of your daily dose of Vitamin C
- Boost immune system
- Rich in potassium and magnesium, which helps regulate high blood pressure
- Antioxidants and phytochemicals found in strawberries help to reduce inflammation of the joints
How do you like to eat your strawberries? Let us know by commenting below
Today’s #TravelTuesday photo is of Cancun, Mexico! I got my toes in the sand, a cocktail in my hand and no care in the world because I am in Mexico!
Cancun Cool Facts:
- Located in southeast Mexico
- Average temperature is 80 degrees F
- Known for white sandy beaches, beachfront hotels, night clubs, shops and restaurants
- Hit by 3 hurricanes – Gilbert, Wilma & Dean
This past weekend we have the pleasure of hiking the Angel Falls in Rabun County ( North Georgia). The trail is about 1.75 miles long with moderate difficulty. We hiked in 50-degree weather, which I would not recommend. This trail can be even more beautiful in spring or fall.
Here are 2 videos from our hike:
Today is the 15th anniversary of National Wear Red day, which was first observed to bring national attention to the fact that heart disease is the #1 killer of women, and to raise awareness of women’s heart health. 1 in 3 women die of heart disease and stroke each year. But what’s more powerful? Millions of mothers, sisters, daughters, wives and friends making a change. What are YOU doing to improve your heart health?
To learn more about heart health visit http://www.webmd.com/heart/
Happy Thursday! The weekend is almost here and we couldn’t be more excited. We have few exciting things happening this weekend that we will be sharing with you. Until then, please enjoy the picture below of Budva, Montenegro from 2015.
Cool Facts about Budva
- Located on the Balkan peninsula
- Known for diverse nightlife, sandy beaches, and old European city feel
- The pic below is of Saint Stephen, a small resort, on the Adriatic Coast of Montenegro
- The 2006 James Bond movie, Casino Royale, is party set in the eponymous casino in the fictional Montenegrin Hotel Splendide.
- Budva is known as a gambling destination
Fill in the blank: Apple a day ________. ( funny fill ins ) #apple #wednesday #27compass #fillintheblank
In honor of Travel Tuesday, we are sharing a gorgeous photo of 360 Chicago. Only one of us went to the top to view the magnificent 360 view of Chicago, the other one waited on the first floor. Take a guess which one made it to the top…
360 Chicago Cool Facts:
- 94 Floors high
- Stands at 1500 feet high
- 4th largest building in Chicago
- 33rd tallest building in the world
- Can withstand winds of 132 miles per hour